Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hard to Reach Places

The thing I hate about back rubs is how there's always this tacit sexual implication. I mean, guys just give better back rubs (minus a few exceptions); their hands are stronger so those knots and sore spots are more easily kneaded out, right? So lets say I want a back rub from you, and you're a boy. I don't have a crush on you, I don't want you to kiss me, I just want you use your man hands to get this kink out of my left shoulder blade. There is virtually no way I can ask you to rub my back without gears beginning to turn in your head, I'm pretty sure. If I want to get a completely sex-free back rub from a guy, I need to pay a professional masseuse to do it. It's like the inverse of prostitution. "Here, sir, allow me to pay you not to try to have sex with me. Thank you very much...


...and a little to the left."

3 comments:

Julie said...

HA!!! You are great.

David said...

In a similar vein, no heterosexual man (no matter how secure in his sexuality) will ask another man for a backrub, because of the sexual undertones.

It's one of those things that Just Isn't Done.

Annie said...

But really, this just illustrates one of the myriad reasons we love Emily :)