Monday, March 12, 2007

So, I think my guardian angel only intervenes in my life in matters concerning parking spaces, which is all right by me I guess. I mean, who likes pushing a cart to the far end of a snowy, icy parking lot in the sleet or hiking through the tundra in front of the Y in lightweight sport gear? NOT ME. But that doesn't happen very often thanks to Clarence or whoever he is. Also, that first line is ironic because I've been grading Creative Writing papers for the past few days, and crossing out the word "so" almost every time my students try to use it to start a sentence. The upside to teaching a senior writing course is when it's creative writing and the kids are pretty much all funny and/or smart, so reading 200 pages feels less like work and more like not-work (my favorite!).

Tonight was the last night of conferences at school. I was looking at the old site and I noticed that my penultimate post was about conferences in the fall, and it was only five months ago, but it feels like years. That was a pretty cliche observation. I would delete this paragraph except that I don't know the next time I'll get to use the word penultimate, so this instance must be preserved.

And speaking of words, while doing Frankenstein vocab the other day, the word 'perambulate' came up in one of our sample sentences, and I took an egregious tangent to tell my class about my special crush on that word, or, rather, on the word perambulator. I think they were almost entertained. It's so hard to tell sometimes.

Is
this going to be good? (Jeezy Creezy, I think so.)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I miss you. And I miss hearing your thoughts like this post in everyday conversations.

Mr. Blair said...

Oh jeezy creezy. I'm on spring break, and i am *not* missing the stuff you are describing.