Sunday, March 25, 2007

Things of Note:
1. The roller derby would have been more fun if we'd brought a flask
2. St. Patrick's Day probably couldn't have been more fun
3. I'm bad at remembering not to eat meat on Fridays (not that bad, but kind of bad)
4. The seasons changed and, like clockwork, I got a cold when my body freaked out about it
5. Planning for a substitute takes more work than just going into school and sneezing all over the children
6. I may or may not have inadvertently taught one of my students the joke about the cunning linguist
7. And still speaking of school, apparently I am the only staff member young enough (or hip enough to the youth scene? but when have I ever been hip to anything?) to know what "the shocker" is, and thus the only one to be duly appalled when the house band at the student variety show chose to call themselves The Shockers. Of course, when I asked them about it (half of the band is in one of my classes) they thought it was hilarious and told me I was the coolest.
8. I still want a roomba (Just to dispell that whole "cool" rumor, you know?)
9. Spring Break comes in four days
10. Apparently, Sunday mornings make me feel obliged to post, even when there's nothing of great significance or intrigue to report

1 comment:

Julie said...

Kristin, the other day I was playing Catchphrase and the word that I had to describe was "Nimbus 2000." Instead of talking about Harry Potter's quidditch broom I started describing the roomba. My team didn't get it.