Saturday, March 03, 2007

Take On Me

I shouldn't be allowed to browse the itunes music store after midnight. Sleepiness dulls my bad-choice sensors, 80's Gold gets the better of me, and I end up buying songs by Rick Springfield, a-ha, and Belinda Carlisle. (Plus eating too many pickles. But that's a mistake that we only make once). I guess it's been too long since I last listened to Jesse's Girl, because I'd completely forgotten the line that goes "I should tell her that I love her but the point is probably moot." I mean, when was the last time the word MOOT was used appropriately and completely in earnest in a rock and roll song? Personally, I think it's lame and uncool NOT to listen to that song on a semi-regular basis (in the car, while you sing along badly and dance in your seat like we all do, right?).

In other news, tonight I made zucchini muffins, but then I couldn't eat any because by the time they were done it was after 8 and it's Lent (which means no snacks allowed during my previous prime-time snacking window of 8 o'clock until bedtime). So tomorrow for breakfast I'm going to have three.

There will be some more-exciting-less-food-related news to report soon, I hope. Saturday night Danny, Nate, and I are going to the roller derby, so, I might have some thoughts and opinions demanding to be shared after that.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Mmmmm zucchini muffins. :)