Thursday, January 04, 2007

And the Warm Weather is Holding

Tonight I was curled up in my chair listening to the rain on my windows letting Hemingway put me to sleep, and I looked around and was very happy. The post-vacation loneliness (that is inevitable after a small space has been filled with bodies and voices and the flurry of jolly girls and tall boys and laughing for days and days on end and then is suddenly emptied again) has worn off and it's nice to have my quiet little space back. But I also kind of wish you all lived just a little bit closer. Just a little bit, you know?

In other news, my Amazon wish list is seriously out of control. I like to scroll through it and imagine I actually have time to read all those books right now or sometime in the not-so-distant future. But we all know that isn't and won't be true.

And Judy and I had a checklist-driven chat the other day and painting and window treatments are not impossibilities - just near-impossibilities. (So many dashes tonight! Jeez on man.) Anyway, I'm going curtain shopping and paint-chip browsing this weekend, just to torture myself. Also, I flexed my Only Child Whining Skills during said conversation and postponed the reinstallation of the Ugly Screens for another few months. Maybe I can get Daisy to eat them before they go back up. Or something.

No comments: