Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Things

I work out, and then I eat cookies. So. Tomorrow, call me and tell me not to eat cookies. And the day after that, call me again. And the day after that.

Daisy loves bananas. She's a monkey on the inside. I always knew it.

Today Danny Lynn and I went to lunch, and listening to her talk, I felt like I was on Sex in the City, only I had no good stories to add. Well, I mean, I had a couple. But nothing scandalous. Is that something I need to work on?

I'm afraid I've forgotten how to appreciate snow. It starts up and I immediately think about the parking situation and the scraping situation and the driving situation, and I feel put upon by the snow, hassled, and I grumble. Or I go to the computer and start checking up on the school-closing situation - as if this snow is only going to be worth it if I get some kind of time off out of it. But that's the wrong way to look at it entirely. It's worth it because when it snows, winter feels normal again, and it's beautiful, and it makes me want to nestle down in my chair with a book, and it reminds me that I'm warm and comfortable and should be happy. This afternoon, for the first time in a long time, I watched it snow the right way.

Finally, I've decided I'm going to Spain this summer, for a little while at least, between the weddings. You should come with me.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I bought boots this week for the first time in years. Having warm feet helps a ton in being appreciative of snow, I think.

Also yay! I made it to your blog!