Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Poem for Emily Robinson on Her Birthday Because We Love Her

Oh Emily dear,
you're one cool chick;
you can palpitate kneecaps
without getting sick.

You're going to med school
which we all think is awesome.
You tried to save puppy
but then sadly lost him.

When you come to Grand Rapids
Cool kids always follow,
and we have adventures
que son nunca malo.

We hang out at Craft Barn
buying magnets and paints,
and call Jess Grabowski
who lives 'cross the state.

And then there's the Thai food
and Bombay Cuisine
And the Cherry Deli
(the cute boy's name is Dean!)

So my waistline has grown,
since knowing you, dear,
as has my appreciation
for Palak Panir.

Remember in school
when we hung out all day?
Well those times are over
and I just have to say (BOO! And...)

Even though there will be no
better-than-sex cake today,
we're all thinking of you
and just wanted to say

How supremely delightful
we all think you are...
and by "we" I mean me.
Happy birthday!! Rar!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that is the best birthday poem I've ever read! Ok, it's the only, but even if there were more birthday poems written, this one would still be tops.

Thank you!!

A-Ron Hubbard said...

Any poem that ends in the word "rar" is dandy.

Anonymous said...

This is the best article I have read, thank you, I have learned a lot of knowledge in this area.