Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Teach us to care and not to care

Because I do not hope to turn again
Becase I do not hope
Because I do not hope to turn
Desiring this man's gift and that man's scope...

I am making two paper chains. One is until Julie and I go visit Kat in Washington D.C., and the other is until Lent is over. Both will end right around the same time in the beginning of April. Does March always feel excessively long to anyone else?

I'm also considering decoupaging my new trash can, just to jazz up the kitchen.

It's Midwinter Break week and though it seems like I've been working steadily, I don't feel ahead or prepared to go back to school yet at all. Good thing it's only Wednesday, I guess (and then the other side of my mind says, "It's already Wednesday!? Damn!). I did grade an eighteen-inch-tall stack of papers yesterday, plus I made (and ate half of...but it was Fat Tuesday so no guilt allowed) pie with Nate. There were actually two pies, but who's interested in apple when there's peanut butter cream sitting there on the shelf calling your name and doing that little "you know you want to eat me" dance? Both somehow ended up residing at my house, and they certainly won't keep long enough for me to consume at a reasonable pace, so either I can freeze one, or you can come over for a visit and I'll feed you some pie.

I am mightily behind on phone calls, as in people have been calling me and I haven't been calling them back because I keep telling myself I need to concentrate on work. Yet here I sit, decidedly not working.

Today the goals are to finish grading, oversee the installation of carpet into the classroom, make copies, finish one of the two (actually three) novels we're reading after break so tomorrow I can start planning in earnest, go to mass, perhaps do some laundry, and go to the Y if there's time. Oh yeah, and make paper chains and decoupage and call everybody back. Eep!

Also, in honor of A) today and B) it being one of my favorite poems, go read this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should not ignore apple because apple is the superior pie. Fruit pies > non-fruit pies. Though, I will adimit, apple is pretty damn low on the fruit-pie hierarchy.