Sunday, February 04, 2007

On a more positive note, I really love my car. I just spent twenty minutes digging it out of a snow drift where it had been weathering this blizzard, sitting for days in sub-zero temperatures while the inches piled on and on, and it started up immediately. I then proceeded to drive it around the block a few times just to get all those cold parts up and moving. I think the snow in Ann Arbor was different than the snow here. I hated how my car handled in the snow in college - it slipped and slid and generally made things unpleasant in that hazardous kind of way that no one appreciates. But today it tracked fine, up hills and around corners, and safely back into the spot I shoveled out in front of the house, so just in case school isn't cancelled tomorrow (come on Winter Storm Warning!) I will have a pretty painless departure come 6:50 AM.

No comments: