Friday, December 01, 2006

And Suddenly I'm Not Tired At All

Last night some city utility trucks parked on the street outside my window. At 7ish they started their motors and commenced to dig a giant hole in the ground and futz around (loudly). Amid the drilling, jack-hammering, clanging, chuffing, and generally making a terrible ruckus...surprise!...they turned the water off. The noise kept up non-stop until 5 this morning. I slept for maybe half an hour total, and spent the rest of the night tossing, turning, and running through alternative plans to shower and get ready for school if my water was still off in the morning, plus intermittently peering out the window waiting for this huge "snowstorm" they predicted to actually arrive and save me from a potentially fatigued, greasy, and generally heinous day.

The call came at 5:25, and that's all I'm going to say because nobody likes a gloater.

1 comment:

Rajinder Soni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.